- Combined Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and protects against both fire and carbon monoxide dangers.
- Intelligent Sensor Technology – Combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor with that of an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitiivity to differentiate between a real hazard and a false one.
- Voice Warning – Announces the hazard type detected (in English and French). Alarm announces “FIRE!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” when a CO hazard is detected. Also announces “LOW BATTERY” when it is time to replace the batteries.
- 120 V Interconnectable – Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices (18 of which can be initiating), including smoke alarms (limit of 12), CO and heat alarms.
- AA Front-Loading Battery Backup – Change batteries without the need to remove the unit from the ceiling, providing continuous protection in the case of a power outage.
- Tamper Resistant – Unit will lock to mounting bracket to deter theft or tampering.
- End of Life Notification – Ten (10) years after unit is first powered, this alarm will beep two times every 30 seconds to indicate it is time to replace the alarm.
- Alarm Memory: The green LED will flash every second during alarm. When the alarm condition goes away, the originating alarm unit will flash the green LED every 16 seconds until the Test / Reset button is pressed, thus resetting the alarm.
- Multi-function One Button Design includes:
- Test Feature – Tests the alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes (will announce “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED,” or “HUSH MODE CANCELLED.”).
- Reset Feature – Resets the carbon monoxide alarm
- Peak Level Memory – If alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset, the voice alarm will announce “CAUTION, CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED”
Kidde 120V Smoke & CO Alarm